Monday, January 14, 2013

Morning Thoughts...



Dear Creator, Sweet MotherFather God...

I thank you for my life, for the lives of my ancestors who've gone on to the Great Mystery before me, for the lives of those who are here now, and for those who will come long after I have gone from this earthly existence.

I thank you for this day, for the golden morning light streaming into my warm abode and into my spirit.  May this light remind me to be in service to all I meet this day.  May the light of my ancestors be a reminder to me, to walk the Good Red Road unto the day of quiet.

A'HO!

Yesterday, in the late afternoon, I woke up from a nap with my ancestors once again on my mind and in my heart...so I went over to Ancestry.com and began to do more research on my geneology.  I'm so into it and yesterday I hit the mother lode!  I was researching my 10th Great Grandmother from my Mom's paternal side.  Her name was Elizabeth Burgess Perry...as I started connecting the dots I was given a link to her gravesite which was posted on Find A Grave.com...From there I followed a name and a link to You Tube where one of Elizabeth's grandson's had visited her burial place and took photo's of her headstone and others in the family as well as create a video.  When I layed eyes on the photo of the old headstone, I felt myself being pulled into the energy of my Grandmother Elizabeth.  It's quite magickal to say the least, and to know deep within where my roots hail from instills in me a filling up.  I love that she is buried near water and the river flows by her. 

With my love of water it is very comforting to me.  For those of you who read my blog HeartSongs, you will know healing Mother Earth's waters are very important to me, and I am naturally drawn to this element.  Most people think being an Aquarian is all about the element of air, but I can tell you from my life experiences that water has played a huge role in my life and rightly so.  Aquarians are Water Bearers, Water Pourers as well, which is why I am a Water Keeper and continue to pray and send healing to our Mother Waters....but I digress...



This is my ancestral Grandmother's very old headstone...how I wish I could sit there among the grasses, with the river flowing by, and soak up some of her wisdom, hear her voice and stories and whisk them away to a hidden part of me for later retelling, a sharing for my own grandchildren.  Since I cannot, I've humbly asked her to come to me in my Dreamtime to share the messages she would have me to know, to help me with my lessons here on Mother Earth, for wisdom is for the future and knowledge is of the past.  Though we've never had the priviledge of seeing one another in physical form, my heart tells me she walks along side all of her family...and for that, I am most grateful!  Great Ancestral Grandmother Elizabeth who brought life to me, I thank you for your eternal spirit and for your newfound presence in my life.  Rest in peace Beloved One...

Here's wishing for you, connections from your ancestral roots...and a most beautiful day!

"If you look deeply into the palm of your hand, you will see your parents and all generations of your ancestors.  All of them are alive in this moment.  Each is present in your body.  You are a continuation of each of these people."

~Thich Nhat Hanh~

4 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

What an amazing new look here. I love it. I have a friend who took a rip up to Massachusetts, and while in Lancaster, she took pictures of the ancient burial grounds of my ancestors. You could actually sense their presence just by looking at a photo. I would love to go.
Mary

Merry ME said...

Your post reminds me of this http://www.unabashedlyfemale.com/2010/08/10/lineage-of-women/.
I don't remember what led me there, but I go back to it often. I used the idea at the baby shower, having each woman there introduce them through their maternal line. I was amazed at how it opened them up - freed them in a way.

Another story: While talking to my new "old" friend, she told me of her grandmother's 105th birthday. The nurses asked her what she'd like. She told them she wanted to put her hands in the dirt one more time. She had been a GA farm girl her whole life. So they wheeled her outside. Found a spot of ground with no grass and sat her down. Can't you just imagine how radiant she looked as she dug her hands into the soft earth. Must have felt like coming home after a long, long time away. The woman lived for about 6 more months.

My prayer is for you to live long and happy, and always have water to put your hands in.

Merry ME said...

P.S. What a find. Great video.

P.S.S. Love the quote.

Homelight said...

Hello! I really like to read your blog and I’m forwarding this award to you: The Liebster. Keep on writing. http://spiritstitch.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-liebster.html