Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Shapeshifting....


Good Morning!  The sun is peeking through my lace curtains and smiling at me and it feels so good!  It's been cloudy around here and so to see the sun today is sending me into fits of ecstasy.  Don't get me wrong, I like the cloudy days too, but not so many of them in a row?

Now...Shapeshifting...ah yes!  I had posted last Friday that it was my birthday...my 59th to be exact, and I woke up in a great mood, anticipating an awesome day.  I mean geez, it was my birthday after all?  I had one agenda on my mind and that was to hopefully receive visitations from my children and grandchildren to wish me Happy Birthday.  In the meanwhile, back at the ranch, it was snowing to beat Harry.  We received 6.5 inches that day and I was loving that too.  But it posed a problem as far as driving was concerned and so my kids being smart chose to forego said visitation and not drive in the stuff as it was very slick out.  And while my brain said...'this is a good thing,' my heart was hurting as I had nobody to help me celebrate my birthday.  I was pouting like a little girl with a gift she didn't like.  Good Grief!



However, I had remembered I had called in my Grandmother's who've passed over to help me celebrate my portal day the night before, and the Grandmother's of All Time, and as I was writing last Friday's post here I actually had goose flesh when I realized they were with me.  I could feel them as surely as if they were hugging me.  It was thrilling.  I also remember that upon waking that morning, when you are still in that liminal light between sleep and being fully awake...that I could see myself walking through a large, (as in acres and acres of pine forest), stand of pines, and as I was walking I could feel something changing within me.  My skin was changing, the way I was smelling was changing, my eyesight was changing, and as I was changing/shapeshifting, I realized my skin was now fur and I began to run, with tongue hanging out, dripping saliva, and that said saliva was hitting the fur on my chest as well as being caught up and away from me by force of the run.  I then heard a wolf cry and I slowed down to a trot and then stopped and found myself answering the cry....I then woke up.  WOW!  Had I just experienced that?  I've done it before...only with buffalo, but that was in full dreamtime experience.  This was an experience I find even hard to describe as I don't have words for the experience.  Needless to say though, it was a full on shapeshifting and I heard that plaintive, haunting call all day long.  As if in calling my tribe to me.  Which is another reason I may have felt so much angst about not being around my family at all that day, or so I thought...as I did receive phone calls from them wishing me a Happy Birthday and my DD telling me she'd be by the following day with my Grands.  I shan't soon forget this one....

Later in the day as I was snuffing around feeling a bit sorry for myself, the phone rang...it was a friend of my kids trying to locate them, had lost their phone numbers, and wanted to share with all of us that our friend, her uncle by marriage had died that day.  Blam!  It hit me like a ton of bricks...I'd known this guy about 35 years and he was gone.  It brought me out of my sorry ass little pity party in a hurry...and then I realized he had died on my birthday...don't think for a minute that didn't affect me.  It did.  Hugely...and I began to cry...aw man...why'd you have to pick this day to cross over?  After I got myself calmed down and called my children to let them know, I sat back in my chair and it dawned on me.  That was my true gift that day...he'd given me the gift of friendship, of caring, of loving one another...I had been a part of that.  What greater gift can you have than the love of another person?
It brought my birthday into total perspective.  I cried a bit more, while smiling, a smile on my face and in my heart.  Thanks Art for the friendship, for the ride, for the journey with you...for the gift.  I will remember you each year on the 20th of January...that is a given...and I promise not to be a sniveling little girl on that day ever again.  Happy Portal Day to both of us!  :)

I love you...
Akasa

P.S.  My grandaughter...made me an exquisite tree, complete with hearts, snowflakes and a swing hanging from one of the branches, I now have displayed on my altar...made out of a brown paper bag.  It looks like an old Grandmother Tree and I love it immensely!  My grandson shoveled me out from all the snow we had received and I felt very cared for.  My Daughter made a Beer Battered Cod dinner and delivered it and my friend went to do my grocery shopping for me so all in all it was a beautiful birthday and one I'm eternally grateful for.
Thanks Mary and Sarah too for your well wishes!!  I'm grateful.  :)

P.P.S.S.  I have long had Wolf as a totem, and honor him/her this day and always...I've dreamed of them for many, many years, and they've always brought me wisdom, sense of my pack, endurance in my run and so I honor that as well.  Thank You Brother/Sister Wolf!  My heart is still aligned with yours.

Last but not least I bring you Tom Lescher's astro report...for this time, and the words he sent to my email inbox this morning are:
 
"I feel the Power of Spirit within me when I Actively Engage in the world around me." The mantra for this week is born out of planetary aspects indicating the need to come out of our own personal world to create a New World Order Together that is in service to ALL. It's not going to happen without us making it happen so I hope you're all set to Get Up and GO.....Aloha!
 

Have a Great Day Everyone!
Blessings Abundant to You!
 

6 comments:

Mother Moon said...

I remember one christmas eve when I was fully snowed in and all alone, it was one of the most wonderful times. My older sister who had passed was there as she always is with me on Christmas eve... Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday as well... blessings to you as I am sure although there were those who could not make it to you, you still was in their heart and on their mind...

Ashling said...

What a miraculous birthday! Isn't it amazing what can happen when what expected doesn't? Wishing you belatedly many more gifted birthdays to come. And lots of sunny days!

mxtodis123 said...

What a heartwarming day you had! I love spending time with my ancestors. I know my grandma's been there for many a birthday.
Mary

the wild magnolia said...

Well shut my mouth and doggone it. I have not been a faithful blogger of late, wrapping up the house sale and gazillion "things" to be donated here and there. This stuff won't go away. It's things I saved, and bought, and gifts, it is growing and it won't go away. No really, it's true.

How in the world did I miss you birthday, I have been visiting blogs hit and miss.

You are so candid, it is nice to be remembered on your birthday , to be remembered on any old day is nice.

I wish and pray my birthday wishes reach you now and twirl you around bringing healing and blessings from the universe.

May the universe find you every time with all the good things of life. I pray good health, family and friends love, nurturing foods, spiritual awakenings to balance daily challenges, long nights of deep sweet sleep, laughter by the basketfuls, and many changes to help other's, the best gift of all.

May you always hear the voices of the ancestor's on the wind, may they hear and rush to your side, each time you call.

Happy Birthday ShapeShifter Woman the Wolves love.

Love & ((Hugs))

Vivienne Moss said...

What a lovely post. Your shape shifting experience sounds thrilling. I am very happy that your "Grandmothers" were able to visit. It nice nice when you can feel the presence of the others.

I am sorry about your friend but glad that he was able to give you the gift of friendship.

Blessings Dear Sister, V

P.S. A belated Happy Birthday to you!!!

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing the exquisitely beautiful photos, and the interesting words, as well!