The sun is shining brightly here this morning
and I am tucked away here in my apartment
all cozy and warm. However soon I will
bundle up and venture out of my door to see
the sunlight glinting off the 4 inches of snow
we received overnight on Friday and half of
the day on Saturday...It is a Winter Wonderland
out there! Yaaaay! The picture above is not of
my sacred ground but one I found on Photobucket.
So last evening I was sharing a precious gift I had
received in the mail from my Beautiful Sister/Friend
Merry ME and wanted to share what this is with all
of you, as it just touched me so much...I literally
cried over the heartfelt message of it. So...I get
this festive Christmas Bag all taped up from Merry
and when I open it up there are red and green strips
of paper cut up and on each one of them is a word.
On the back of the strip is a quote using the word.
Of course there was an accompanying letter with
the strips and even that was all decked out festively
as she had used a printer to print off sheets of this
holiday paper that was toooo cute! Anywho, here is
what Merry shared with me....
Dear Akasa,
I want to do something more than send a card to the
people I've connected with over the past year. I want
to stay connected to the meaning of the things we do,
the people we love and the "reason for the season."
To that end, you will find enclosed a Merry ME version
of an Advent Calendar. On one side of each strip of
paper there is a word that is my wish for you that day.
On the other side is a quote to help you focus your
thoughts. Each day between now and January 1st, pull
a strip out of the bag and let the word serve as a kind of
holiday GPS that will lead you to Christmas morning with
a sense of wonder, rather than weariness.
When done you can line the strips together on your
fridge, or glue them together in a paper chain or pass
them along to others. To stay in the circle of friendship
I will be doing the same thing on my blog every day
during the month of December.
My hope is that for a few minutes each day, you will
have some time to reflect on the things that make this
season special for you. Oh that we could be sitting in
front of a roaring fire, sipping on "whatever" and sharing
the scents, sounds, warmth, joy and love that Christmas
is. In place of that I send you my heartfelt wishes for the
merriest of holidays, and the grandest of New Years.
May peace abund and love fill your hearts.
Merry ME
Merry ME...you take my breath away with your loving
kindness, especially in light of all that you are living
through right now. Your kindness and compassion do
overwhelm me. I hope you know Sister/Friend how
much I've come to love and adore you! Bless you,
and May Mother/Father God always hold you in their
Mighty Wings!
This is the Miracle on Liberty Avenue!
So...today's pull is....Ahhhh! Christmas Stories!
Children love the joy that the Christmas season
brings, and there is no better time to encourage
reading than Christmas.
What a Wondrous Morning Light this has been!
I wish you all a day filled with wondrous light!


3 comments:
Reading about your excitement is exactly how I imagined the "connection" to work. Like each of us is a link in the chain!
So glad you are enjoying it.
My wish for you this day, and each day of the holy season is that love will fill your heart and charity dwell within.
What a wonderful, thoughtful gift. Be careful with the snow. As much as I love it, I am terrified of it as well. Here in the city it gets very icy after the first day.
Mary
What a blessed idea MaryME has, a gift that gives you something each day of the Christmas season. Advent wreath of red and green. Gives me an inexpensive idea for my own Advent of the Sun's return wreath.
Blessing and love and peace.
Post a Comment