Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stars...



Tonight's Advent Word is 'Stars.'

The quote Merry ME shared is:

"To be a star you must shine your own light,
follow your own path, and don't worry
about the darkness, for that is when the
stars shine the brightest."

I wish I had known this concept as a young
woman and mother coming up..it sure would
have saved me a lot of grief and heartache
that came from making unwise choices.
Then again, perhaps that is how I learned
to use my own Star as a sort of compass.

I just finished reading a book entitled
'The Floor of the Sky'
It is written by Pamela Carter Joern.
I was very touched by the power of the
characters, the secrets the family held,
how the family continued to hold
together in many life-wrenching experiences.

There were a few passages that really
jumped out of the pages and into my heart...
and then this morning when I drew the
advent word for today I had to sit and smile
to myself, as all things being synchronistic,
I knew these passages were speaking
to me. 

"You can't see the stars in the daytime, but they
are there.  They're always there, but it takes the
darkness to reveal them."

We don't know who we are until the darkness
reveals us.  That's when we find out."

Did you catch that last phrase?  "We don't know
who we are until the darkness reveals us...we 
don't reveal the dark, the darkness reveals us.
Talk about Power!  Now that's some Star Power!
And so I will leave you with that little thought
tonight...perhaps you can expand on it more?

As for me and my house...well, tonight I 
am going to gaze at the stars for a good 
little bit...and when I look at them
I'm going to imagine each of you as
being one of them...and me too!

If you haven't read this book, well, you just have to!
Write it down right now and go to your library
and check it out..it's a small read well worth it.
It's a wonderful story of family learning to endure,
while living on the land. As well, it is haunting, and compelling.

Spirit works in so many ways...even through a good book!

Here's To Stars...someday they will lead us all Home!

In Divine Love,


2 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Sounds like a great book. I really have to check it out. Good night, my friend.
Mary

the wild magnolia said...

Stars are magical to me, bright beauty hanging in the sky, oh it thrills me. Twinkle power! Awesome.

"Floor to the Sky" sounds wonderful.

"We don't know who we are until the darkness reveals us," well now, this does ring true.

May you be wrapped in peace and love this day.

Thank you.