Saturday, November 13, 2010
Inspiration....
Love After Love...
The time will come
when, with elation
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror
and each will smile at the other's welcome,
and say, sit here, Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you
all your life, whom you've ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs, the desperate notes,
peal your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.
~Derek Walcott~
Some four weeks ago, Chiron, The Wounded Healer
moved into my third house and since that time I
have been observing some pretty astounding
happenings that are occuring within me. This
week was no exception. With the occurance of
Veteran's Day and all that that implies, the
awareness of 11/11 and all that that brings to us,
a show on Oprah yesterday that had my world
reeling, has really left me incredulous to say the
very least. And this is what I noticed about myself-
That I found I had been praying for the collected
wounds of all consciousness, since time began,
across all dimensions, times and realities, or the
illusion of realities and it hit me right in the third
eye, the heart, and my gut!!! And...don't you know,
I felt a shifting much like a tectonic plate in the
earth moving within me, so much so that by the time
I went to bed last night, it felt like I was walking
on two different levels of the earth...I then had to
gently reign myself back into my body and it took
me a while to be able to calm myself down enough
to do it. So yesterday, emotions would sweep over
me, and I had to address each one as it moved over
me because I know this Me, in this body right now,
that I would never be able to sleep if I didn't take
care of it. Prayer, or just talking with Mother/Father
God, brings me out of my mind and into my heart so
that is what I had to do, and did.
As the poem above suggests...I met myself at my own
door, and looked in the mirror of my longing and smiled.
The collective wounds of history are being healed...it was
evidenced to me when I listened to a powerful video which
engaged some men who had served in Viet Nam that
had not forgiven themselves for killing, and the way
they had brought forgiveness to themselves and others,
so that they could walk on in forgiveness through their life.
It was life altering for me as I watched them. It was
in the communication of all of these things that Chiron
has been helping me to understand and heal my own
collective. Does that make sense to you? And then
again as I watched Oprah's show yesterday, which was
about men having been abused sexually as children
that I was able to understand through their collective
wounds the collective wound in me...I can't tell you
how incredibly powerful that was for me as I thought
my having forgiven my perpetrators was enough...but
it wasn't. I had to forgive myself too, and really? I
have such a long way to go with that...there is more
lurking under the surface that keeps coming up that
I am sure Chiron will help me to communicate with
myself even further. Astounding! At fifty-seven years
of age and I am still walking through the doors of
other times and dimensions and am living proof that
you can teach an old dog new tricks...I am slowly and
tenderly embracing each one as it comes...I am taking
down my love letters, my notes, my photographs and
looking at myself with newness of spirit...I can't tell
you that it all feels good yet, as some of it still hurts,
but I trust the process that Chiron has presented to me,
and the healing that will come from it in totality when
I am ready to receive it.
I hope you can remember your wounds and how they
fit into the collective wounds of humanity...and then
somehow come to understand them and forgive
yourself and all others who played a part in the wound.
I promise you it will be everything you needed/wanted
and more and will be revealed to you when you most
need it to appear, so that you too can .........
Feast On Your Life!
Here's wishing you a Feast fit for Kings and Queens
as all of you truly are!
Behold the Day!
P.S. Here is a link to a video I watched on Forgiveness
and Healing that I was sharing with you...
http://www.linktv.org/globalspirit/forgiveness
Just click on the link! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
It is funny the universe of time brings similar things to different people at the same time.
My life has wound around to a different place revealing a clearer picture of me.
The healing of humanity, including each individual, is indeed powerful.
Participating in the 11/11 collective gathering of intention has paid dividends for me already.
The poem you shared opens yet another door, revealing a true picture of aging. I loved it.
Your post enlarges our thoughts along the line of healing.
"Behold the Day, indeed."
I gratefully receive your blessings and appreciate you!
Blessings.
I am sorry I missed the show, but was at work. You mentioned about the men from Viet Nam. That was powerful. I work with several men who served in Viet Nam, and they have never been able to return to the self that was before. Forgiveness is a heavy subject. Working on that myself right now.
Mary
I wonder why it is harder to forgive ourselves than other people. I've also learned a lesson about forgiveness. It is a way of letting go of the hook the other person has on us, which is good. BUt whoever came up with that forgive and forget poop is crazy. How can we forget crimes against us or humanity. We must remember and do what we can to prevent them from ever happening again. With forgiveness, we can learn to do that from a place of healing, not anger or fear.
I'm so happy for your discoveries, healing and new found freedoms.
Sitting here, reading your words, and listening to Sara McLachlan Adia...tears...
I am so glad I found you. The poem, your words...I am meeting myself..and have been for several years now...what a journey. Healing, forgiveness...looking at my wounds, trying to embrace the place they have led me...Meeting this woman I am becoming...I don't always like her, but I love her.
And yes, the world needs to heal, and I guess each step we take to understanding and healing ourselves it a step towards being able to forgive and heal a little part of the collective...
I watched the video too....thank you.
I do so love your heart...thank you for sharing...xoxoxo
Hi,
Here I am again...the poem...would you mind if I take it and put it on my blog...it is so good I want to share...I will leave your www...you are too good not to share too...lol xoxoxox
love to you, dear Akasa.
...wonderful blog.
blessings, dear one,
CG
What I am learning is that we don't have to forgive perpetrators of evil...but I be careful not to give them my power either...it's funny in a way...I was faced with a situation where I was giving away my power just last week...and to someone who probably doesn't even know I exist, but she has come into my awareness never the less. And thoughts of her were taking away my peace big time...so I dug deep in my tool box of things that might help...a box I often forget I have..lol...and I came out with offering her blessings...each time she popped into my head I blessed her...It wasn't very long until I felt better...It is impossible to hold someone in the light and dark at the same time...It worked...my power is almost all the way home...xoxo
Post a Comment