Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Thought for Today...




















At the center of the Universe is a
loving heart that continues to beat
and that wants the best for every person.

Anything that we can do to help foster
the intellect and spirit and emotional growth
of our fellow human beings, that is our job.

Those of us who have this particular vision
must continue against all odds.

Life is for service.

Mister Rogers Neighborhood  ~  Fred Rogers 1928-2003


As I read this quote, which reads like a prayer this morning, I realized
it has been some time since I've taken a few days off and taken
care of self.  Today I am tired to the bone, and I think it may be time
to regroup, renew, and replenish.  This has been a busy time of year
for many of us and soon we will be thinking of Thanksgiving, Family,
Yule and the end of the calendar year.  So...in being of service to
others, in my own small way, and the Element of Water which is
my passion I am going to take some time away from the computer,
and tend to my own hearth fires here at home.  I will be back in a
few days but I wanted to let you all know how much you truly mean
to me... that I wish for you days of rest, peace, & replenishment,
and some time for just 'YOU.'  Life is for service, but if we are not at
our best, we can not be using our best to help others.

In Divine Mother Love!!!
 

4 comments:

julie said...

This is beautiful...all of us need more spirits like Mr. Rogers in our lives...thank you for sharing...xoxo

the wild magnolia said...

Reading your words and Mr. Roger's quote gave me comfort and encouragement.

So glad we have "connected".

Take care of you!

mxtodis123 said...

I loved Fred Rogers. Used to watch him every day when the kids got home. I will miss you, my friend, but I know you need to take care of you.
Mary

AkasaWolfSong said...

Thank You all so much...I hope you all get some me time however you need to get it. :)

I'm getting there bit by bit but had to stop in tonight to say hello and heart connect!

My Love to You!
Blessings...
Akasa