Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Invocation to Mother Holle
This morning is grey and dreary and I'm trying my best to fight the doldrums...I need a sunny day! So in keeping with lifting up my
spirit I've been listening to Ruth Barrett...The CD is entitled 'The
Year of the Dancing Woman' and I have had this for some years now.
I always listen to it during Yule and Christmas. I found it on You Tube
and wanted to share this particular song with you about Mother Holle.
I found this photo on Photobucket of Mother Holle that someone must have painted...it's intriguing. Not at all like I envisioned Mother Holle to be. The picture of her on Wikipedia is much closer to how I envision her. Does anyone know if you can save Wikipedia photo's to your pictures in your computer and then upload them here? Just curious....
There is a great write-up about Mother Holle here:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/grimm/ht11.htm
There is more Pagan information about Mother Holle here:
http://www.paganlibrary.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5272
and on Wikipedia here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holda
Such an Ancient Figure is She! An Ancestral Mother? I'll let you
be the judge of that.
I'm still having some problems with my computer moving sooooo
slow. I may have to have someone come in and look at it. I've
run tons of stuff and still can find no viruses or anything of that
nature. Trying to execute anything is wearing on my patience, lol.
Already the middle of the week...I have another Doctor's appointment
tomorrow so I will be logging onto Blogger much later in the day...
Today though I am cleaning my little hacienda and looking around
trying to think of things I can make for Christmas...finances are
stretched to the limit here as I am sure for many of you, and we do
the best we can, don't we? This holiday is not about gift-giving but
it is nice to do for others...to that end I am making fudge, breads,
cookies, etc., to share as I do every year. I usually wait till several
days before Christmas to do everything because I like it to be as
fresh as possible. I don't like freezing anything. If I want to be
brutally honest I am not in the festive mode right at this moment
but I'd better get that way! I've Grandchildren whose spirits would
be hurt if Grandma wasn't Jolly! :) We Love the Babes!!!!
Here's wishing for you a festive spirit, creativity, and lots of Love
this day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
There is nothing as
heart-warming as home-made
bread and cookies and fudge.
Everyone treasures home-made
goodies. I love the smell of fresh
bread baking.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
save some for me Akasa
yum Sharon
yes sharing is the spirit of Christmas; especially food, i am for it :)
i absolutely looove your blog’s background. it has incredibly strong "presence"... i was wondering if you did it?
xo sandra
I shall save some for you Blessed Word Dancer! :) I wish you were here with me! Oh how fun that would be!
Sandra...the background image is from the Native American Artist Frank Howell...I adore his work! Perhaps I should post that on my front page, and in fact will do that now. I should have done it to begin with. Thanks for a great reminder! I'm so happy it resonates with you. I love your Art too! :) Thanks for stopping over and sharing with me.
Much Love to you Both and Merry Christmas/Happy Yule!
Post a Comment