Monday, December 12, 2011
Sarah McLachlan - Wintersong
A bright and blessed Monday morning to all! I've been
listening to all kinds of music this morning...but I've
settled on this one to share here. I love Sarah's sweet
yet haunting voice....she is a force! I thought this one
especially appropriate for this time of year...I have the
CD around here somewhere and need to hunt it up so I
can pop it in my car this morning as I travel to the grocery
store...yeah, it's that time again, lol. Time to buy paper
stuff, kleenex, toilet paper, and a lightbulb for my little
ceramic tree...I put one in and it burned out right away.
I must have used it before and stuck it back in the box.
It uses a small amp bulb...15 watter so that I must have.
I want to see my little tree twinkling! :)
I had a bit of a rough patch this weekend. My neighbor
lady who helps me all of the time has a real problem with
letting people use her driveway for anything. She makes
herself very known about this issue. Now mind you we have
had some very prickly pears living here in the past and they
have totally abused Miss Gwen, so she has come by those
prickles through people misusing her driveway, blocking her
in at times, radios blaring full blast, disrespecting her by
calling her some very nasty names, etc., but when the new
family moved in a month or so ago I thought okay...we now
have everyone on the same page and we will all get along.
I introduced them to one another and right away wanted to
crawl in a hole in the ground as Miss Gwenn was downright
rude to the new neighbor while I was standing there...talking
very snippity and making it quite clear she was not going to
be neighboring in any way shape or form. Still the new Lady
stuck to her way of being kind and continued on. So.....long
story short, this weekend the New Lady asked Miss Gwenn if
it would be alright if they could back in a trailer in Gwenn's
driveway, to haul out a car that was not working, and Gwenn
told them no. Now, we live on a very busy highway and doing
anything is risky, so being able to maneuver a trailer to load a
car would have been so much easier if they had been able to
back into Gwenn's drive (which sits adjacent to ours) and loaded
up and gone. Gwenn was having no part of it. Not only that
but then she called and ranted and raved at me for the better
part of twenty minutes, like okay....why involve me in on your
stuff to begin with, and secondly why couldn't you have let the
new neighbors just load it up? I have lived with her ranting
for the past six years and I cannot take it any longer. She wants
me to side with her and well, I'm not getting in the middle of it.
The new family that lives here are respectful and friendly and
that is what I've been praying for, for a long, long, time. Finally
that prayer was answered. So I didn't have much to say to Gwenn
other than..."I don't know what to tell you." I wanted to say,
"Why can't you just put that kindness in action through your
Christianity that you talk about all of the time...what would Jesus
do?" But I didn't...and then sat all afternoon with that in my guts
just churning away...So, the next time I engage with Gwenn...
somehow I have to woman up and say what is on my mind in a
kind manner so that she understands where I'm coming from. I
really do love this woman. She helps me so much in daily life...
takes my garbage to the curb, runs errands for me when I am not
feeling up to par, you name it and she has done it for me. She
also keeps my walkway and drive clear in the winter and lays down
salt. Her kindness is deeply appreciated. My choice now has to
be either share what lays on my heart, or choose to withdraw and
I think I need to be bigger in this instance.
So, if you feel so inclined, and have any suggestions, let me know,
and as well, if you could say a little prayer that kindness be the
way of the day around my neck of the woods, I'd be so very grateful!
In the meantime I'm going to keep asking myself...What would
Jesus do? Or Goddess. Or Buddha. Or Muhammed....I know you
know what I mean! :) Our Enlightened Masters!!!!
Here's praying for you good interactions with your neighbors, as
we are all in this together!
I'm lighting a candle when I get back from the store that this be
a Great Week for All of Us!
Radiant Blessings! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Love Sarah McLaughlin.
No sage advice for your neighbor problems. I've never been much good int hose situations. I feel sure, however, you'll find just the right words.
I love Sarah McLachlan.
I will light a candle of kindess for you. The only advice i can give is to just ask her if she can show the kindness that Jesus would. I just hope she doesn't take it out on you by not helping you anymore. She sounds like she means well. Maybe she had some property damaged at one time.
I wish you luck in this. Please don't let it stress you out too much.
Blessings my friend, V.
I can totally empathize with being put in the middle. It's a hard situation for you, my dear sister. Gwenn seems like a very unhappy woman. I just wish I had some constructive advice for you, but she seems so set in her ways. I will say a prayer that she sees the light and becomes a much happier, loving person.
Mary
Thank You All for your thoughts, your voice. Just that you have responded makes me feel lighter, better.
I'm going to keep praying that her spirit open like a beautiful rose...I know she's been hurt but not everyone is out to hurt her now. There is always hope...
Thanks Ladies...
xoxoxo
Sarah McLachlan's singing takes me on a magic carpet ride, every time. Thank you.
People, they can be troublesome, neighbors take special care. Sounds to me, you have been doing this for years, giving special for your neighbor .
You are a seeker, the ancients gather around your fire, you will know what to do when the time is right. I just know it.
So happy for the good neighbors. Focus on them.
I so love to light candles and pray for people. Thank you for the opportunity.
Happy Weekend. Love & ((hugs))
I too, love Sarah McLachlan...
You already know exactly what to do sweet sister...
pray.
It is out of your hands.
Let God decide.
hugs and love Sharon
Post a Comment