Friday, December 2, 2011

ROCKIN' AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE!



Okay...so it's Friday morning and I'm feeling silly and happy
this morning and as I was listening to this just now, thought
I'd share it with all of you, to get your juices flowing!  :)
(not that they aren't already, lol)  Just one more of my fave
songs at Christmas.

Good news is that the Doc's appointment went very well
yesterday!!!  Yaaaay!  A while back I had scheduled a Pap
Smear with my regular doctor and what happened was very
unpleasant and quite painful for me.  Long story short, she
wasn't able to obtain one from me.  So...she sent me to a
Gyno who just also happens to be my Daughter's doctor and
lo and behold!  Voila!  Done...as in D. O. N. E. Done!  Piece
of cake!  The difference was...and I hope you all remember
this one!...The Doc yesterday used a metal speculum...and
my Doc used a plastic one.  I had been so amazed that she
had succeeded yesterday, that while we were chatting, I looked
over and there on the counter was a metal speculum, so I
said to her, did you just use that on me?  Yes.  I then told her
that my Doc had used three different sizes of plastic specs on
me and The Gyno said ....  they were going to mandate her to use
plastic speculums and she fought them all the way!  She had
many women complain of how painful they were, as she had
tried them when they first came out with them, and so she had
decided then and there not to use them.  What a difference one
doctor can make.  So, if you are due for a Pap Smear I hope you
remember that.  Why go through pain when you don't have to.

So that's why I'm rockin' around the Christmas tree this morning!
One more thing accomplished in my round of Doc's visits, lol.  I
had been so worried the night before I was to go, that I could
not for the life of me go to sleep...so I was tired when I got up
yesterday morning, but determined to go through with it in spite
of it all, and I'm very glad I did.  We cannot take our Pap Smears
lightly Girlfriends!  Which reminds me, did you have your Pap
Smear this year?

Another happy note yesterday was ... I got a new (used, but new
to me) recumbent bicycle for exercising!  My Girlfriend and I had
stopped for lunch and ran several errands and on the way home &
we decided to stop at St. Vincent De Paul's.  As soon as I walked
in the door I spotted the bike and hopped on it to see if it was
still in working order, and it was!  :)  I've been wanting one for
almost two years...it is an older type but doesn't take up much
room at all and that is a huge plus when you live in an efficiency
apartment.  So down came the Christmas tree and I proudly am
already exercising!  (especially in light of the fact that when I
weighed in yesterday I'd lost one more pound!)  This is really
going to help me as I have to stay in much of the time in the
winter months with COPD.  One more step on my way to healthy
living.  What is even better, is that my Girlfriend got it for me
as a Christmas gift...how nice is that?!!!  It was a real bargain.

Now that I've taken the tree down, I am going to put up my little
ceramic tree my Oldest Aunt made for me when my children were
little.  I was going to put it up too, as I do every year but it is a
must now!  I'm going to hang some extra lights up too to make
the atmosphere more festive.  I also have started to put up my
collection of Snow People and Old World Santa's.  I also have a
collection of Native American Angels that are sooo beautiful, that
I'm going to hang from my wood ceiling beams.  Then I can sit on
my beautiful new bike, exercise and take in all the pretties.  :)
I'm silly aren't I?

I'm off to another Doc's appointment today and have three next
week too.  More Fun!  I'll catch up with everyone later today and
over the weekend in between decorating and riding my bike...

As always, take good care, and remember how much you are
adored by me!

Here's wishing all of you a delightful weekend in whatever you
may do!



4 comments:

Merry ME said...

Sweetie wants to go out for the day so I'm on the run. Just wanted to say, this whole post made me smile. I think cause I could feel your joy - at feeling better, at exercising, at life. Thanks for sending it into the universe along with your love.

Ashling said...

Congratulations...and keep having fun!

Sarah said...

Rock on...! Your spirit is infectious!

I purchased a mini trampoline this week...want to increase my metabolism.

AkasaWolfSong said...

Thanks Kindred Sisters! It's a joy hearing your voice here! :)