Saturday, December 3, 2011

....Through snow, sleet and blizzards, the Lakota people deliver the food.

....Through snow, sleet and blizzards, the Lakota people deliver the food.


The ONE Spirit Food Program is near and dear to my heart...I've been
following them for several years now as the poverty and hunger that
faces these people is unspeakable in a land of plenty.  If you'd care to
make a contribution or learn more about the program you can click on
the link above.



Here's another Christmas song I love...this is sung by Jana Mashonee in the Ojibwe language.  I love listening to different songs sung in different languages.

I'm leaving to go to the Post Office today...and then come back here to clean up a bit...I may have my Grandaughter coming to spend the night with me.  Hopefully!   I miss my Sweet Girl!  :)  Perhaps it will be a cookie making night or something as equally decedant, lol.

Today it is raining and cloudy and I am embracing it full force...we need the precipitation.  I have my little Christmas tree up, my collection of Snow People, my Old World Santa's, the lights are twinkling and bringing a festive atmosphere into my little abode, and my 'being' feels good.
I accomplished a lot this week, didn't rush, especially since Mercury is in Retrograde, and things have worked out well.  I don't rush too much anymore anyway...I don't see the point.  We arrive at any destination exactly when we
are supposed to and not a moment before.  It is Universal Law in my opinion.
When I think of that last statement, it reminds me of those who are driving behind or beside you, and they are in such a hurry...careening around vehicles in such a rush, and then you see the stop light turn red and they have to stop anyway.  Pulling up behind those hurry up and go people always leaves me giggling...I arrived at the same time, without all the hoopla or angst, and probably don't have high blood pressure for a very good reason...I've learned to go with the flow. 

I've dealt with these types in my years of working in Food Service...made it my mission to literally bring to their tables, a stop and pause to their day, an upliftment, or smile, and a kindness.  It stops those who rush and worry, or are rude, dead in their tracks.  Simply by being calm, peaceful, recognizing them and their needs right where they are, and believe me it always changed the atmosphere from when they walked in the door and sat down.  It pays to try and make a difference in this sometimes crazy world we live in.  Well, I didn't mean to go here this morning but that is where this post went so I shall leave it...perhaps I was supposed to say this.  Who Knows?  If you are hustling and bustling this day, take a moment and breathe, look at what is right now in this moment, and feel the Holiness of the moment.  As your eyes fall upon on an object, person, something in nature, consider what it is trying to convey to you...please?   Remember that all of life is Holy.  Let's walk this season together in reverance for all of life...and with that...

Here's wishing for you a day filled with Holy moments!

Sweet Blessings to All!



P.S.  What are you doing today?

If you have some time I'd like to share another blog I've been reading for a bit now...this one has lots to share and think about.  :)

http://thedailyround.wordpress.com/2011/12/02/living-an-enchanted-life/

3 comments:

Lorelei Bell said...

Hey, Akasa,

You are so right about this. Being a bus driver I see it all day long.

I'm always glad when I stop by your blog and read. I can't play the music because I have slow Internet. But that's okay.

My husband and I have seen another milestone go by. Even though it is our 23rd wedding aniversary, our first date ani is more important, because that's how it started. We stayed home, took out all out pictures of the many vacations out west we've had and the years together, etc. It was a good thing to do.

I like stopping by and I feel something of a bridge whenever I do. I like your wisdom.

Have a very good week!
~Lorelei

AkasaWolfSong said...

Lorelei...Thank You so much for your kind comment.

I love it that you and your husband stayed home, took out all of your photos of your vacations and reminisced...what a simple, heartouching, yet elegant thing to do. :) Happy Anniversary! :)
I hope you have many more together!

Wishing You Gentle Peace and Holiday Blessings...

Love, Akasa

Vivienne Moss said...

Thank you for sharing yet another beautiful song.

Like you, i'm a go with the flow kinda gal. I laugh at all the people in a hurry and think, "Slow down, you only have htis life to live once. Enjoy it!"

I love to visit your blog. you bring a smile to face verytime.

Blessings, V.